• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay budget lift any good?

First of all, your shocks are going to be too short. Secondly, it uses short add a leafs which will absolutely kill your spring packs in no time flat. It's not worth it.

that apears to be the Maco offroad 3" AAL kit.

Firstly, its unsafe to use any coil spacer over 1.75" IMO. As said above, the short AAL will get you going but it will sag after a bit. IF you decide to go this rout you may be investing in a shackle some time in the near future. I myself think if its worth doing, do it right. Get ether a rustys kit or an RE kit.

helix said:
Firstly, its unsafe to use any coil spacer over 1.75" IMO.
IYO, what is unsafe about coil spacers?

If I have a 2" spacer, should I be worried?

no, ive seen 3" spacers for sales, under spring pressure i cnat see them falling out. but thigns happen i guess.

summitlt said:
no, ive seen 3" spacers for sales, under spring pressure i cnat see them falling out. but thigns happen i guess.
"thigns" don't happen, SH1T happens

I'm pretty sure anything over a 1.75" coil spacer means that the ozone layer will completely disappear sucking out all of the ozygen from our atmosphere.

OR....The earth will stop rotating on its axis, plumiting us into the next ice age.

Your pick.

red91inWA said:
I'm pretty sure anything over a 1.75" coil spacer means that the ozone layer will completely disappear sucking out all of the ozygen from our atmosphere.

OR....The earth will stop rotating on its axis, plumiting us into the next ice age.

Your pick.
Perhaps we should all go over 1.75" on the coil spacers. The lack of oxygen should help the longevity of the factory rubber spacers and eliminate Jeep rust problems(no oxygen to support oxidization).

my 90 was fine with the 1 3/4" spacer alone, but since I added a couple of factory spacers on top of that (taking it over the magic 2" mark), I've noticed that it's taking on the shape of a (RevDen) taco supreme...

so now, I should have some positive taco karma come'n

RRO has 3" spacers for there 3" BB... If 2" is okay, I cant figure why 3" is "terminaly bad". Ive seen some pix of them on the net, and havent heard anything bad.

However, you WILL need new shocks, reloacate brake lines on front, a new ZJ brake line for the rear and drop your transfer case 1", but you should be okay.

Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has one of there own.

Take that into account...

Good luck,
Andrew

Well... firstly think about the pressure involved when you flex your jeep. If that spacer is not in perfectly it could cause problems. Its just generally known and described anything over a 1.75" is unsafe.

I also seriously doubt you have a true 2" spacer.. their all 1.75 but a lot of companys round off the information.

MyJeepXJ you are wrong. You most likely will NOT need to relocate your brake lines, or extend them. Especially on a 3". A tcase drop should only be thought of as a bandaid. You deffinatly want to make room in your budget for an SYE and CV drive shaft.

helix said:
Well... firstly think about the pressure involved when you flex your jeep. If that spacer is not in perfectly it could cause problems.
like be really, really noisy?

helix said:
Its just generally known and described anything over a 1.75" is unsafe. MyJeepXJ you are wrong. You most likely will NOT need to relocate your brake lines, or extend them. Especially on a 3". A tcase drop should only be thought of as a bandaid. You deffinatly want to make room in your budget for an SYE and CV drive shaft.
please be prepared with something more than "generally known" or sharpen your pencil, read more and post less.

By the way, brake line relocation is common(and recommended) on 3" lifts and the need for a SYE is dependent on type of transfercase, axle and year of manufacture.

I don't mean to sound like and old fart, but I've been around a couple of years and I've had a few rigs during that time. Some of the biggest regrets I had on my earlier vehicles were that I didn't do it right the first time. Instead of waiting and saving for a few months and then doing the lift the right way, I bought body lifts, short add a leafs, etc. and then had to replace the stuff in a year or 2.

MaXJohnson said:
like be really, really noisy?

please be prepared with something more than "generally known" or sharpen your pencil, read more and post less.

By the way, brake line relocation is common(and recommended) on 3" lifts and the need for a SYE is dependent on type of transfercase, axle and year of manufacture.

of all of the lifted XJs ive seen not one had to relocate its brake lines. Im not starting a flame war or anything here... maybe you shouldent ether... if im mistaken i am mistaken. I could swear i have seen that same exact information posted here by reputable sources. by the way... and SYE is if anything more so recomended than brake line relocation... you should deffinatly get one for anything over 3" even if you dont get vibes. it is a bandaid. if your lifting an xj, and your asking about needing an SYE. the answer is yes.

happy new year

edit** and why is this in OEM?

Back