• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TeraFlex "Long Arm" Kit

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Does anyone know anything about the TeraFlex so-called long arm suspension kit? Looking at it on their web site, I don't find a lot of specifics but it appears to include both upper and lower control arms, and no new cross member ... which makes me think it is not a real long arm kit, but just a lift kit with longer-than-stock control arms.

Can anyone confirm that, or set me straight?

TIA

yep.you got it right total crap.not a true long arm kit more of a mid arm kit.they use the stock upper while moving the lowers a few inches back on plates that just bolt to the Uni-frame with no crossmember.

this is the complete kit
1001354medium0mt.jpg

another thing that has me wondering what these guys are smoking when they came up with this kit
cutting the stock crossmemeber,Whattt?
1001392medium4fs.jpg

notice the uppers still go to the stock location
1001390medium2gf.jpg

Wow, high clearance.

Thanks, gents, for confirming my suspicions.

I expect the combination of stock uppers and "long" lowers must generate some interesting front axle geometries as the suspension compresses and extends.

these pics are not mine but somebody off another board that just installed one.it improves handling compared to the same lift with stock or adjustable arms on the stock locations.its the fact it uses the factory uppers when changing the location of the lowers and thats just not good

look at this pic hard.......
1001390medium2gf.jpg

do you notice something wrong with the angles of the two arms.

thats right they don't match .they should have the same seperation through out the cycle.if you look these arms will never be at the same angle like they were from the factory.

Also,

If you look at that picture closely, the axle is on jackstands. One of the two jackstands might be higher/lower than the other causing the axle to not be completely level. That might make the angles different?

Just an Idea :) :wave:

-Scott

EDIT: er wait, are you talking about the difference between the UCA's and the LCA's? Maybe I mis-read your post.

Alright kids...can we say "bind?"

Eagle, you aren't thinking of *gasp* lifting a rig, are you?

I've got a TNT Y-Link kit sitting in the garage, damn nice kit that will be on the Jeep soon!

xj² said:
EDIT: er wait, are you talking about the difference between the UCA's and the LCA's? Maybe I mis-read your post.

yes i was refering to the upper and lowers not matching.axle is sitting level in the pic.

Back