• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knocking noise after installin JKS track bar

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i just installed a new JKS adjustable track bar on my 97 XJ with a 3.5" lift about a month ago because my OEM one had worn out and i was gettin bad death wobble. i did the install just how the directions stated but now sometimes when i turn the wheel either direction at some point i get a nock noise not a nocking noise just one single nock. i called JKS and they say they have never heard of this happening. i took it to a local off-road shop and they say they have heard of that happening and they think its the lower potrion of the whole in the fram mount is a lil too big and that they just weld a washer to the bottom of the fram mount and it solves the problem but they wanted to hear the noise first and of course when we took it out for a spin so the could hear it i couldnt get it to make the noise. it still however makes that noise sometimes and its drivin me crazy cuz i cant figure it out. if anyone has any ideas i would really like to hear'em

Im not sure about a knock, but more of a grinding noise could be the track bar moving in the axle mount, like you said. Have a friend turn the wheel while you look under the jeep. See if anything is moving and then fix it. Sounds so simple dont it?

Heres a way to fix the mount if the hole is messed up:
http://jeepin.com/features/trackbarfix/index.asp

Mine did that. The jam nut was not tight enough. The threaded end can move and make noise if the jam nut backs up. Get some locktite and two pipe wrenchs and crank that thing down.
Also re-tighten the upper bracket bolts, that's a common problem.

bigwhitey said:
Mine did that. The jam nut was not tight enough. The threaded end can move and make noise if the jam nut backs up. Get some locktite and two pipe wrenchs and crank that thing down.
Also re-tighten the upper bracket bolts, that's a common problem.

x2

I had the same noise, turned out the frame end joint needed grease. Must have brain farted since I usually check those items every oil change.

I've had a similar noise in the past from loose trackbar-frame mount bolts and loose lower control arm bolt.

Back