• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header question

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I just found a big crack in my header so I am going to need to replace it. I don't want to replace it with something that will give me better performance. I want to go Borla but apparently they only make a header for the manuals. Anyone have any suggestions, because I know nothing about this subject. Btw, I have an 88xj automatic.

you can replace it with a new stock header.. any parts store should be able to get you one. Or, you can have your current header welded back up ?

if you do want to look at borla, go to www.borla.com and put in your year make and model. i just looked up a 88 cherokee on their site and they do list automatic.

otherwise if you want to stay cheap, find you a used stock manifold. i think i might have one laying around. i'll have to check if it's clean or not.

you didn't say what motor your running. the manifold i have is out of an 89 with 4.0. i'll repost later once i take a look at it to make sure it's not cracked.

Back