• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrade The Front

Broklee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running the RE3.5 lift with 2" Spacer. I also have 33" and chopped fenders. I'm still rubbing more than I'd like and I think boosting the front a tad more may solve my problems.

I was looking at a larger coil, say from the 3.5 coils to teh 4.5 or 5.5 coils. What else would be a ~required~ upgrade. I'm not looking to replace my whole suspension here. Thanks

Harvo said:
x2

I have 5 inches of lift, minimally cut fenders, and one hockey puck, and my 33's fit fine.
YUP, 2 hockey pucks, 6.5" and 35's yea it rubs a little, but I don't mind.

well that solves some of the rubbing problems..but what about turning? I'm still trying to turn the wheel (not full) but close and I'm still a ways off..

I've trimmed a good 2.5 - 3 inches off the fender, it seems to hit at the lower right corner if your facing the wheel. It seems like just a lil more height will solve that problem, I've trimmed to where the weld is on the fender.

Here's probably the best side shot I have ATM.

P9280001Large.jpg

If it were me I would just trim a little more or just use a bfh. You will probably get into even more money if you go with taller springs (longer brake lines, different control arms.) It is a viscious cycle.

on mine the stock grey piece between the door and fender is ony about 3" long
so you have a lot more fender you can remove.

Back