• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ knuckles/calipers with 5x4.5 Warn hubs ???

jonboy

NAXJA Forum User
Have any of you guys done the WJ knuckle/caliper swap with a Warn or Milemarker 5x4.5 hub conversion?

Did you need additional machining or other spacers ?

Which rotors worked for you (WJ, CJ, Sport Trac, Crown Vic) and did they require additional machining?

The knuckles and JKS flange spacers in transit, and I have WJ calipers/rotors, Warn inners/outers/hubs and all the steering stuff sitting in the garage.

And don't give me any crap about the
j5jg2v.jpg

jonboy said:
Have any of you guys done the WJ knuckle/caliper swap with a Warn or Milemarker 5x4.5 hub conversion?

Did you need additional machining or other spacers ?

Which rotors worked for you (WJ, CJ, Sport Trac, Crown Vic) and did they require additional machining?

The knuckles and JKS flange spacers in transit, and I have WJ calipers/rotors, Warn inners/outers/hubs and all the steering stuff sitting in the garage.

And don't give me any crap about the
j5jg2v.jpg

Hey Jon, what lift are you running? I just got done doing this on unit bearings and made a couple of changes since I put it on... Perhaps you can learn from my mistakes. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Grant. It seems I'm making new and creative mistakes all the time, so I'd definitely like to avoid yours, if possible.

I'm using RE 5.5 coils and RE drop brackets.

jonboy said:
Thanks Grant. It seems I'm making new and creative mistakes all the time, so I'd definitely like to avoid yours, if possible.

I'm using RE 5.5 coils and RE drop brackets.

Let's talk. Down for a beer at the Tustin Brewery? I've found a couple of combo issues with the drop brackets, Johnny Joints, sway bars, steering stabilizer, drag link length, swaybar mounts, over the knuckle steering....

Just an issue or three. ;)

You can take a peek at mine and understand the issues first hand. :)

MMMM....beeeeeer - do you have time on Monday?

I'll PM you my cell#

It looks like Johnny may come up too, so he can get some swaybar brackets.

Kiss my little yellow ass. :moon:

I have the hub kit with DEO High Steer. I believe it uses WJ knuckles. There is a kit that comes with the DEO kit to use S-10 calipers. Basically a caliper braket with 1/2" spacers to line up the brackets and what not.

And you need to machine the hub hole so the lockout will fit through the rotor. I just bought rotors from Clemson offroad already set up.

Back