• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ReadyWelder users Question?

I use .035 flux core and 2 batteries for anything 1/8" to 1/4" and adjust from there with the little knob on the gun. For larger than 1/4" go to 3 batteries, for smaller than 1/8" find a different welder. My only complaint with my ReadyWelder is the lack of adjustability (generally burning too hot) which requires more practice to get good welds.

BrettM said:
I use .035 flux core and 2 batteries for anything 1/8" to 1/4" and adjust from there with the little knob on the gun. For larger than 1/4" go to 3 batteries, for smaller than 1/8" find a different welder. My only complaint with my ReadyWelder is the lack of adjustability (generally burning too hot) which requires more practice to get good welds.

Have you tried thinner wire or used gas with it?

For thinner metals, a 12 and a 6 volt battery in series to produce 18 DC volts and lower Amps works just fine. Use of a single battery is not recommended..

The local Welding supply told me I can't get flux core under .30.

I have never had to use it under "fixing" condition, but from practicing and messing around with it, 3 batteries I can damn near just CUT through 1/2" and two batteries burns pretty deep in 1/4"

Back