• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Safari Snorkle

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of ditching my Safari Snorkle. Would like to swap for 4.5" + coils,or adjustable lower CA's,or Dana 30 diff gaurd. Don't have any of that? Make me a swap offer, or a cash offer. I'm sure we can work something out. :D

P.S.-This unit was originally on a Toyota pickup,but it fits perfectly on the XJ,as well. Just the plumbing is different. I'll send you what I made for it to make it work,too. :)

mike., iv already got a snorkel, but i have a friend who would probably be interested in tradind RC 4.5 coils for your snorkel... we are in nc ill talk to im about it and get back to you

How does it mount in the inside? I have a rustys air tube with K&n and I would like to know if the snorkel would work for me or not. I have some 4.5" zj RE springs if I find it is worth it. The springs have never been used either.

off road man... how much u want for those springs if you two dont trade? or is there anything else u wanna trade

I am not sure I actually wanna sell them or trade but I might. If the snorkel seems worth it I will. What do you have to trade me that I might want. I don't want to just throw out things. I might sell them let me think about it really hard though.-----Kyle

Well,you really need some sort of airbox for the snorkel to be plumbed into. This will allow the fresh air to be taken in and filtered. I used my stock airbox,as the snorkel was designed to be used with it. I just capped off the forward air intake of the airbox,cut a new hole for the snorkel plumbing on the rear of it and ran the tubing in through the fender and through the inner fender. I used some PVC pipe to make the bends neccessary to make it all work. I noticed an increase in performance,probably because of the cooler,fresher air intake.:)

I have a RRO BB (spacers and shackles), some rancho 5000s, uhhh, some other stuff im sure...

Mike, I wish I could go but I have a new little girl (7 weeks) so I guess I'm tied up for the next 30 years or so.

kidding aside I would like to go sometime but my XJ leans more toward the daily driver side. How tough is Beasley?

My specs are

now
OME lift 2"
all factory skids
235/75 BFG ATs

soon
c4x4 rocker guards
rear No-Slip

RTownsend: Beasley's not too bad. There are some difficult sections that you could possibly get some trail rash on,but nothing terrible. It's a good place for a beginning 'wheeler to learn some "driving elegance" techniques. I'd rate 90% of it 1.5-2.5 out of a possible 5,and the rest would probably be in the 3.5-4 range. Congradulations on the baby girl. The wife and I are trying,but have yet to have one. It sure is fun trying, though :yelclap:

Johhn327: Make me a good offer on it. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want.

Lucas: Anything else? I've got a BB already (on the wife's XJ) and a-plenty-o shocks laying around :D

Last edited:
Off the top of my head that I'd trade for:

-Mopar swing out tire carrier- attaches to bumper and hatch
-various AALs/dakota leaves
-stock exhaust manifold, painted red
-poly swaybar bushings
-Blaupunkt Houston CD player

Slim pickings I know, but I had a massive cleanout of junk not too long ago so Im not exactly sure what Jeep parts may be left. I just sold a set of 4.5inch coils too !!!

Do you bike at all(as in pedals)? I have tons of mountainbike and road bike parts laying around.

A bunch of stuff left over from a paintball kick a few years ago too.

I will make a cash offer!! how much you want for it?

Hey man Id definatley be intrested, how much you want, and what kind of condition? Would it fit a 98 email me at [email protected] I live it alpharetta we could meet up somewhere between tomorrow, please email me asap! Thanks, kerry

Back