• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30's on a 3"

warwagon98xj

NAXJA Forum User
how bad will 30' look with a 3" lift becuase i can score a set of 30x9.5x15 bfg atkos for 100bucx and they only have 3000 mi on them?

any suggestions i am going with the rustys 3" spring pack lift if that helps at all.

pick them up! i got a 3" and 31's with minimal rubbing you'd be fine and it'll loog good too

I ran exactly that setup for a long time, except 30x9.5 General Grabber ATs. I had a lot of fun times like that.

nodam1.jpg

Flexed like a mofo too.

flex6.jpg

flex7.jpg

Keep the stock wheels with that setup and you won't have to trim anything at all.

i run em.

log shot:

a sexy wax job:

and a photochopped trim job:

pick em up. 30's flex like crazy.

i bet it will "look"cool.....:thumbup:

it looks perfectly perportional and looks lifted at the same time. i have 3 in on 30s on my mj now. no trimming needed.

I did it for the same reason you're doing it - I had just bought the lift, needed tires, and found a set of 30s for cheap (mine were brand new, $200 for 4). I wanted 31s but took the 30s due to financial constraints. It's a nice way to start out, because you really don't have to worry about breaking anything, you have a bit more articulation and ground clearance than stock, you learn to pick lines more carefully, and you learn how to really drive your vehicle offroad.

Then, when the time came for me to go bigger, alls I did was add a coil spacer up front and a few other things (no more lift though), and 33's fit nicely too.

trxus1.jpg

nf6.jpg

That's the Rusty's 3" full-pack kit, BTW.

Yea, get em, my son went 31's with 4" of suspension lift and a 1" body lift on his TJ. That was one flexing mofo, people swore it crawled around rocks like a spider...

I can tell you on my 98 running Destination MTs in the 30" flavor I could get them to rub with 3" . They are pretty big for a 30 and I always managed to get them to rub until I trimmed everything up.

They will look fine and will flex like mad with VERY little or no rubbing.
Here is max flex with 30's and a 3 inch. Freakin sweet.
n202300594_30028750_9228.jpg

vetteboy said:
I did it for the same reason you're doing it - I had just bought the lift, needed tires, and found a set of 30s for cheap (mine were brand new, $200 for 4). I wanted 31s but took the 30s due to financial constraints. It's a nice way to start out, because you really don't have to worry about breaking anything, you have a bit more articulation and ground clearance than stock, you learn to pick lines more carefully, and you learn how to really drive your vehicle offroad.

Then, when the time came for me to go bigger, alls I did was add a coil spacer up front and a few other things (no more lift though), and 33's fit nicely too.

trxus1.jpg

nf6.jpg

That's the Rusty's 3" full-pack kit, BTW.

thats my issue money, but then isn't it always money? i can afford the lift tires are another issue.

Pogiboy said:
They will look fine and will flex like mad with VERY little or no rubbing.
Here is max flex with 30's and a 3 inch. Freakin sweet.
n202300594_30028750_9228.jpg
Yeah but go ahead and turn that wheel full lock then see how long your fenders and flares last.

it'll look awful! There all gonna laugh at you!

Here's some 28's on a 3".
MVC-026S.jpg

31's on 5.5 with trimmed fenders.
MVC-029S.jpg

HTH. JIM.

Back