• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake question slash problem

XJNASH

NAXJA Forum User
While back I swaped my 8.25 out for a 44. Since then I havn't had a E- brake. I had orginaly was going to use the 44 e break lines but they were long on my 95xj so I just didn't hook them up.

Well its time to get that fixed. So should I disconnect the ones off my 8.25 and use them?

Don't know why they would be shorter.

The 44 was out of an 87 pioneer.

I did the same swap this spring in my 1994. I bought new since the Dana44's very rusty and binding 1987 axle. Seems like they where around $15.00 each.

XJNASH said:
While back I swaped my 8.25 out for a 44. Since then I havn't had a E- brake. I had orginaly was going to use the 44 e break lines but they were long on my 95xj so I just didn't hook them up.

Well its time to get that fixed. So should I disconnect the ones off my 8.25 and use them?

Don't know why they would be shorter.

The 44 was out of an 87 pioneer.
I'm running the stock cables from an 8.25 on my 44. That is on the 97 though and they seem to be more forgiving for lifted vehicles on the ebrake cables. Anways, if I was you I'd figure out what people do with the 8.25 and D35 when they lift and do the same, possibly reusing the 8.25 cables.

Back