• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33's and AW4 failure?

factory drivetrain i would assume also means stock gears. i bet after time and enough hills it would overheat itself to failure.

CutLaredo said:
Could driving on 33's with a factory drivetrain cause any type of transmission failure?

Would have no effect as long as the fluid level was kept up. Heat can kill a tranny, and larger tires could create more load, but not enough by themselves. Possibly, if the fluid was low for a long time, it might, but that's pure speculation. The tranny would still downshift itself when needed.

xjj33p3r said:

Bullsh!t

extankerguy said:
Tons of miles? I still have my original tranny @ 340K.....(all I have done is had the seals replaced)
I got the tranny rebuilt just recently, and it's mostly from street driving. 230k on it, and your waggy is one of few that has lasted this long. Just looking at the paint shows you've taken better care of yours than I have with my 96.

My tranny overheated a couple of times with 33's and 3.55's. I flushed the fluid and put in a tranny cooler with a fan for the trails= all better.

i think this was a case of "the driver".:laugh3:
BingBing said:
My tranny overheated a couple of times with 33's and 3.55's. I flushed the fluid and put in a tranny cooler with a fan for the trails= all better.

xjj33p3r said:

Goatman said:

Goatman said:
Would have no effect as long as the fluid level was kept up. Heat can kill a tranny, and larger tires could create more load, but not enough by themselves. Possibly, if the fluid was low for a long time, it might, but that's pure speculation. The tranny would still downshift itself when needed.

Excuse me? :D

trans1.jpg

There ARE other things that can happen with that combo. Probably not in the mud though. :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Excuse me? :D

trans1.jpg

There ARE other things that can happen with that combo. Probably not in the mud though. :D

--ron

You're an animal. :worship:

:)

Back