• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

boost timing control

majic_tech

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me if a Msd boost timing master #5462 will work with our ignition systems? Im gonna supercharge my 87 after the holidays (got to drum up a few more bucks/things)with a millenia supercharger (I have 5 of them just laying around) Damn in gonna miss my ac...lol Anyway I need some sort of timing control, planning on about 8lb max. gonna use a cartech dual adjustable FMU and methanol injection W/ 24lb injectors and a supercharger bypass valve. Any questions or suggestions are highly welcomed

I will gladly post them and also get dyno info .I have a friend that runs a dyno locally that I can sneak onto for tuning.And before people go off on my junk tranny and axles I CRAVE CARNAGE!!!!!! gives me a good excuse to upgrade lol (Did I mention I have friends in the tow business also?) 87 5 speeds gotta go soon but I refuse till I break it and d35/30 I will be starting the project in february but planning and research never hurt...

Not sure about the MSD. but the folks there should be more than helpful in finding you an answer. although I am curious.
anyways, I have a customer with a charged rubicon. he took it straight from the dealer to speed shop where they tossed in an avenger charger. It took them alot of work to get it tuned right and they wound up having to re-flash the computer with new fuel maps and timing curves. before that they couldn't tune the ping out of it.
San diego superchargers is the place I'm pretty sure.

The timing master works on my 91 great. I would suggest checking into the SDS EIC(extra injector controller) instead of the FMU. A FMU seems to give uneven fuel control when I tried to run it. I would also plan on a wide band O2 setup.

http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html

The MSD 6 box will work with the RENIX systems (I have the manual, but I don't have a scan handy,) so I'd imagine that the BTM could be hooked up as well - have you checked with MSD directly?

I can pillage around in my manuals some more, but I'd still say to check with MSD (considering our "limited understanding" of the RENIX ignition systems...)

5-90

Back