• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hella wiring issues

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so we have some hella rallye 4000s and they have a 'city light' which is basically a running light that are on when they are not turned on, i am wondering how to get these to shut off when the vehicle shuts off, i bought an automotive relay to put on the running light wire but not too sure if/how this would work, been toying with it for a little and i have exausted my electrical know-how

any help would be greatly appreciated guys

Connect the city lights to a separate relay, and power the control side of that relay from any fuse in your circuit panel that is switched off when you turn off the ignition.

Last edited:
HeavyMetal said:
Ok so we have some hella rallye 4000s and they have a 'city light' which is basically a running light that are on when they are not turned on, i am wondering how to get these to shut off when the vehicle shuts off, i bought an automotive relay to put on the running light wire but not too sure if/how this would work, been toying with it for a little and i have exausted my electrical know-how

any help would be greatly appreciated guys

I gather you are referring to the Hella 4000 Celis rings.

I installed my set a few months ago. Your right, Hella doesn't provide a separate harness to run the angel eyes separately from the main lights. This really ticked me off as they market them indicating they can be controlled separately.

Anyway, as was already mentioned build a separate circuit using an additional relay and you're all set. If you want the angel eyes to come on with your parking lights, tie into one of those wires. The LEDs use so little power it shouldn't create enough of an added drain on parking light circuit to be concerned.

I went a little beyond the above actually using separate switchs so I have complete control of both the Celis ring and the main lights. I can run both, or either separately. This method also allowed me to bypass tapping the exiting park light circuit.

Hope this helps,
Kent :)

Back