• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What The?

wheelin4cheap

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to put a lunchbox locker in my non-disco dana 30, so I just called 4wheelparts to order it and the dude said "we don't recommend automatic lockers for the non-disconnect dana 30" and he wouldn't take my order. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

wheelin4cheap said:
I am looking to put a lunchbox locker in my non-disco dana 30, so I just called 4wheelparts to order it and the dude said "we don't recommend automatic lockers for the non-disconnect dana 30" and he wouldn't take my order. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?
Simple- 4WP is like Wal-Mart: they have a great selection for not bad prices, but nobody in the entire store knows what they are talking about. Call back and ask again. When he says they don't recommend it, tell him you don't care. They can't deny you goods because they don't "think" it's a good idea. If he still refuses, ask to speak to a manager. Don't buy anything from them if they pull that kinda crap again. Look around online. I'm sure you can find better help and better prices.

Starscream918 said:
Look around online. I'm sure you can find better help and better prices.
No doubt - the only times I've purchased anything from them in the last fifteen years is because nobody else had what I needed (Spicer 4.56 gears in stock, not with the 4 week backlog every one else had)

Simply inform the person (politely, of course) on the other end of the telephone that you are purchasing their product, not their opinion. If he or she insists on including it anyway, then there will be a 20% surcharge deducted from the final purchase price for the first opinion, and a 5% "un"interest rate for every opinion thereafter.

Double check the part numbers on some of the websites, I think I remember that the lunchbox lockers fit all D30 axles, CJ and XJ, etc. Call back and tell him you want it for your CJ-7.
http://powertrax.com/jeep1lr.pdf

Like the man said, look at an aussie locker. Lots of guys think they are significantly better.

If you are sure you want to put one in the front, I also recommend calling the Aussie Locker people. I recently purchased one for a rear Dana 35. Great product, well designed and built and excellent tech support as well. If not absolutely sure about it there a few threads on the subject you might want to read.

I hate it when salespeople try to make you feel stupid.

Is there anything valid about his statement though? What is the difference in putting an automatic locker in a disco vs. non disco dana 30?

ajpulley said:
Simply inform the person (politely, of course) on the other end of the telephone that you are purchasing their product, not their opinion. If he or she insists on including it anyway, then there will be a 20% surcharge deducted from the final purchase price for the first opinion, and a 5% "un"interest rate for every opinion thereafter.

Now that is funny... very funny
will try that sometime

I know tons of people who run a locker in the front with no problems what so ever. The thought of it might scare a few, but experience has shown that it isn't a problem.

I bought my lockers from Randy's R&P....got no crap from them. And I'll betcha that Ryan (Rawbrown) would be happy to hook yah up. I don't know how well a auto locker works on rocks (don't have any down here), but they kick ass in mud.

Back