• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello

Jim 01XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you might remember me, others probably don't. I have been inactive for a while due to a lot of moving. Anyway, back in the Delaware area for good and just wanted to catch up with everyone. I have been constantly fixing my mistakes on my 01XJ. Not to long ago I replaced the rear leafs with Rubicons. Apparantly the 2 sets of Rough country over 2 years weren't enough. Now I am waiting on my Tom Wood's Drive shaft and tail shaft conversion kit. Should be here on the 21st. The Rubicon CV shaft broke after 2 years as well. Not sure why, but figured I would get rid of the hack and tap SYE and do it right. I stuffed 33X10.50's on it with the 4.5" lift. The rear stuff ok but I need to do some mods on the front. Should be picking up my new XJ here in a couple weeks. 87 Grand Wagoneer. Pretty good shape with a 360. This is going to stay mostly stock. Maybe some bigger tires and some engine and exhaust mods. I need to renew my membership, it ran out couple months ago. But, buying a house kinda prioritizes your bills a little. Sorry if I am rambling but just had a lot to say. Hope you guys welcome me back. JIM

What have you done with your front fenders?I still have clearance issues.

My XJ

RCP Phx said:
What have you done with your front fenders?I still have clearance issues.

My XJ

Nice looking set up. I haven't done anything with the fenders. I am running stock wheels with the 33's. They stuff fine going straight, but if I turn it was popping off the fender flares. So, the last time I went out I just took them off before I left. I was also careful not to back up with the wheels turned too far so the tires didn't bend the fenders in. What I am thinking about doing is cutting the metal up to the flare mounts and just making the flares easily removable. Kinda on the bottom of my priority list right now.

Back