• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering linkage binding issues

XJoeB

NAXJA Forum User
I have RE's 5.5" extreme duty (Short arm) lift kit and installed Rusty's tie rod conversion. My only problem is some serious niding on the sway bar connections (which I no longer use) and the steering stabalizer bracket. I plan on grinding off the sway bar connection brackets, but I'm trying to figure out what to do with the steering stabalizer bracket. Any ideas/pictures?

Joe Banas

If you have to, you can cut off the bracket and relocate the steering dampner or just not run one. The dampner was one of the first things to go on my rig, it limits your steering's ability to flex with the suspension. IMHO

Thanks. How hard is the OBA conversion. I plan on cutting out the A/C this winter and converting the compressor for OBA. Any ideas?

Joe Banas

Should be pretty easy with the Sanden (stock style) compressor. You can even run your existing A/C compressor and add on another Sanden for OBA, just ask MJR. Mine's a York, I pulled out the stock A/C stuff and relocated the battery to the passenger side, with some work to clear the shock hoops.

Back