• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another XJ cage......

OK, I'll try this...these are the pics he took.

If this don't work, then I guess I suck at computers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rick

scottsxj said:
do you have any pics of the cage around the dash area

I'm sure he took some pics of the dash, I just don't have them.

Here is a pic of the one I built a few weeks ago:
standard.jpg

It's pretty similar except that the upper windshield bar is bent at both ends, rather than straight.

Rick

come to san dog and i will host you for a day or two of cage building 101 on my rig!!:wave:

( ok, i'll even buy beer, just dont tell my wife!)

(or you could loan me your tubing bender for a week:laugh3: )
P.S. looks good

What'd you do, put some concrete anchors in your driveway to mount the bender pedestal to? That's pretty cool. I just got the JD2 model 3 which I think is the same one you've got there.

Couple questions for ya, as I'm about to start on one of these for the first time in my rig:

- what's the approximate length of tube you used?
- any c-pillar hoop/bracing?
- anyone ever done one of these and came up with a clever way to still use the glove box?

Thanks for the pics.

vetteboy said:
Couple questions for ya, as I'm about to start on one of these for the first time in my rig:

- anyone ever done one of these and came up with a clever way to still use the glove box?

Sure. :)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

vetteboy said:
What'd you do, put some concrete anchors in your driveway to mount the bender pedestal to? That's pretty cool. I just got the JD2 model 3 which I think is the same one you've got there.

- what's the approximate length of tube you used?
- any c-pillar hoop/bracing?

Thanks for the pics.

Yes, I installed anchors (more like a sleeve) in the driveway.

Thats about 75 feet of tube.

No c-pillar bracing was done. I think he might be back for more :D

The glovebox still opens, only halfway or so. It helps to keep stuff from falling out on those steep climbs.

Rick

FarmerMatt said:
Who the hell is "Woody" & what does he have to do with you? I may get jealous...

Woody is the nickname I earned from my good friends in the Rockrats. It stems from the longtime rumor about my extremely large manhood.

OK OK..here's the real story :laugh3:

One day, on a weekend camping trip in the pines north of Phoenix, while bragging how much better my XJ was than my buddies YJ's, I proceeded to get hopelessly stuck on a large log blocking the trail, earning me the nickname "Woody".

Don't be jealous my farmer friend....there's plenty of me to go around :D

Rick

"The other Woody"

Back