• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Wobble

Gecko

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 XJ. Just bought it, 3" lift with 31" swamper tsl's. The tires are in terrible condition, almost falling apart, but i plan to get new ones. But I cant go over 30 in the car. When i get up to around 30mph the tires start to kinda wiggle or go back and forth violently and the whole car shakes terribly. I can steer moderatly well still, and the problem is lessened if i steer far enough back and forth. Is it a problem with the steering, or you think its just that I need new tires?

I didnt lift it, my friend Jarrid, who i jsut bought it from did. I would think so cause the lift was professionally done, but im not too sure.

Check ball joints and tie rod ends before having it aligned. Of course, a competant front end guy should do that automatically ... but the last one died six months ago (competant front end guy, that is).

Alright, thanks guys, Ill check it all out tomorrow and see what i can do about tires and aligning.

Back