• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing worn Trac-Bar end

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
I have a 98 XJ with about 4.5" lift. I have had a rusty's trac bar on there for quite a while, and the joint at the frame is needing replacement. I looked on his site and found that the end is simply a TJ TRE. I got the Jeep replacement part# and will probably pick one up on my way home tonight. I just want to confirm that this is the right part to be replacing it with, and its not some specific part that only he sells and will take me a week to get.
Thanks
Ryan

nope - that is hte part

the threads on that are 11/16" x 18 TPI if you have a pitch gauge and/or a caliper and want to check before you leave the auto parts store...

i run through them about 1 every 3 months...

cant wait to upgrade to an RE unit...

sorry - i should clarify - the TJ TRE end for the trackbar is the correct part for the Rusty's track bar end.

the threads on the TRE are 11/16" x 18

upgrade to his hd one.

stock part number at napa is ES140R

Same for the RRO bar since it's the same one.

HTH

just get a different bar lol, seems like those ends go a lot. get one with heim joint

ricot83 said:
just get a different bar lol, seems like those ends go a lot. get one with heim joint

That's the best plan.

Its actually lasted about a year, I can't really complain I guess since its on my DD and has seen lotsa miles on tar and dirt. I will probably upgrade spring/summer but I gotta get this thing safe again so I can drive to MA tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.
Ryan

Back