• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas line go" boom"?

flexjay87

NAXJA Forum User
the rubber part of my gas line in the engine bay is deteriorating on the outside. it's between the hard lines (between gas tank and fuel rail) o.e. line is no longer available according to dealership. anybody else run across this ? i thought about cuttin out rubber part ,slip on new rubber over steel lines and then clamp them, unless someone has a better solution. i did check with some aftermarket people and they had no replacements either. '87 xj, 4.0 auto.

It would never hurt to try it your way, just make sure to tighten down the claps good, or slip the rubber hose over a little farther and use 2. Hate to blow it off, and have a possible fire. Or look for a XJ that someone is parting out, and try and snag the line.

Thats what I'd do but make sure you use high pressure fuel line and good clamps not the worm drive kind but the little band with machine screw and nut kind (hard to find by the way) nissans and subarus use them if you can get to the boneyard and snag a few............. did your regulator stick shut by chance?

Back