• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front dash has no power

Chattxj

NAXJA Forum User
When i got back to my 99 jeep i notice that the radio won't turn on, and then i notice that my interior lights arent working either. Eventually i see that none of the gauges are working, doors wont lock, but they will unlock. Also i turned on my lights and the gauges light up but the arrows wont move. Is this just a busted fuse, and has ever happend to anyone before?

I have checked EVERY fuse, relay, etc. It is a short or bad switch somewhere between where the power comes in and where the power connects the items. Continuity tests showed the radio, dome, and gauge constant powers to all be connected, but none had power.

I have had the worst luck with wiring and since them I am figuring out that every swithch in the jeep will short out no matter what.

It sounds like to me that the headlight, taillight, domelight, dashlight swithch is the culprite, but if you are asking me your screwed mine went and took the entire dash wiring with it a few weeks ago so I have spent the last few weeks making my own harnesses for everything and adding my own extra fusebox(#3)

befor my turn signal lights would light up one the inside(dash) and then soon after my headlight quit working.then the taillights stoped with the dash lights.at the end i had smike alittle flames and inertangled melted wires.blew the gauge cluster(new)the fusbox(stock)and the ignition system.had to make all new harnesses including cpu.

do yourself a favor and start over it is very simple if you just cut the old and replace with a bigger wire and a fusable link.go pickup or make a fuse and swithch box and have it run everything it way cooler and will last forever.

Back