• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

s-10 leafs ?

I would use leafs from a 93 or older. The newer leafs sag heavily over time. My leafs in my 84 s-10 are still going strong. I used leafs out of an 87 4X4 S10.

BA

I used my main leaf on the XJ and the bottom 3 from the S10 pack. Netted about 4 inches of flexy lift.

BA

I added in XJ leafs to fix my -2" sag. Got it only about 1" over stock, ditching all of mine but the main which I left in.

Personally, I found it a waste of money. Better for the Dakota leaf packs. Cut the eyes off, ditch the overload leaf, bolt up onto the main leaf that was left in, and use your bottome XJ leaf and you're good to go. Should get 3"+ of lift. With my searching best to get from a 91 or earlier. As well being 'broken in' they don't lose much of the lift when they settle in I've found. Ride is great too. Not harsh at all.

Good luck!

In the future I plan on doing something w/the leafs to my 99 (I got all sorts of sag going on especially when towing). I was planing on doing the Rocklizard kit, it comes w/everything, I just want to get back to stock +an inch maybe. I want to keep my Edelbrock IAS shocks, they're awsome. Do you folks recomend something else?

PS sorry to be hijacking :)

One of the guys that rides with me did the same thing, and got around 3 1/2" lift. Not bad for free springs, and a couple of hours of time, yeah?

Back