• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not a newbie......Best size rim for 33's?

CamoXJeep

NAXJA Forum User
No I'm not a newbie, been running a 12" wide rim (free so I dont want to hear it) with 4" BS for a few years now with 33x12.50x15's with no probs till the last time I was out. One tire completely off rim and the other almost came off (lost the air but was able to refill). I am running 6" lift so I also need BS.
What is the best?
10 wide or 8" wide plus what BS would I need for each rim?

One more question, what is a reverse drop rim? Yep, been on Pirate and they have me scratching my head like a newbie!!!!

Thanks Jeff

Last edited:
In my opinion, the best rim for a 33x12.5x15 would be:

15x8 with BS between 3.74 and 4.25

Michael

yup 8" is perfect, for people that say its too narrow, i have 16" wide boggers on 10" rim w/ about 2 psi, that i drive daily

2xtreme said:
In my opinion, the best rim for a 33x12.5x15 would be:

15x8 with BS between 3.74 and 4.25

Michael
here you go newbie

I tink that 8" is perfect also but I run 10" rims so cant say much.

Keep the rims you have and buy the rockstomper beadlock kit if the tire coming off the bead is your problem.

William

I'm actually working on a Redneck style beadlock from Pirate4x4. But want to run a thinner rim but not sure on BS for the 8" or 10" rims.

Also trying to figure out what reverse cut rims are?

I run 10" rims w/4.0" bs for 13.5 tires. I'm not too sure I like it. With the wider rim I could get away with ~4.5"bs but not with a narrower rim. I like the extra rubber but not too hip on the width. Then again, this may change once I get used to them. With 12.5" tires you are better off w/8" rims.

Karl said:
The tires mount from the inside of the wheel not the outside
What makes the difference on what side of the rim you mount the tire? Any advantages to mounting this way other than the side of the rim that has more room for the bead to sit on? Thanks Jeff

CamoXJeep said:
What makes the difference on what side of the rim you mount the tire? Any advantages to mounting this way other than the side of the rim that has more room for the bead to sit on? Thanks Jeff

not to sure on that one.... EDITED for stupidity reasons... :cheers:

Back