• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 yj rear brake hose?

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
is this hose actually longer then the stock 87-89 xj hose?

i have one at my desk at work right now. and if i measure it from the center of the mounted tab at the axle it measures out to about 17".

whats the length of the stocker?

ok cool. i did searches. but i didn't run across anything that actually said what the length of the rear hose should measure.

like i said the one that i ordered from napa i requested a rear brake hose for a 95 yj no abs. this is what they gave me. measures out to about 17"

i'm just not sure what the stocker measures out to.

google is my friend. quick search on there. and i found what i was looking for :D

no need for flaming

I just posted last week that the '95 YJ lines are 4" longer than the stock lines.

Searched huh???

That must mean a stock line is approx. 13".

actually the stock is 14.5" yj's are 17.25" making them 2.75 longer.

so yes i did searched. didn't find the exact answer on here. decide to google it. and found what i was looking for.

i honestly didn't see your post you made earlier. my bad.

Well unless my Stanley tape measure is wrong my stock line is 13.5" and my 95 YJ is 18".
But I could'nt find those numbers on the internet, I had to measure them my self.

bigwhitey said:
Well unless my Stanley tape measure is wrong my stock line is 13.5" and my 95 YJ is 18".
But I could'nt find those numbers on the internet, I had to measure them my self.

rbrakel4.jpg

The photos and numbers have been on the Internet for nearly ten years (and nearly 85000 views in the last six years).

XJHelp (a little outdated, but most of it is still viable information).

bigwhitey said:
Id return that tape measure....

Ed A. Stevens said:
XJHelp (a little outdated, but most of it is still viable information).
Ed, I copied, read, and reread that series of articles about 5 times when I was first starting out in this obsession.
More good real world info there than in everything else I've read, put together.

Must read stuff for noobs.
Dated or not, no one should be allowed to touch an XJ till they read and understand what's written there.

Ed A. Stevens said:
I think I bought a '99 TJ line (not positive on the year) and it was much longer than that.
It also had a long (about 6") formed steel line attached to the frame end that can be rebent for more clearence.
This line works well for me, even with all the flex of my 4 link rear.

Back