• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb Blower Motor Question

white99z

NAXJA Forum User
This may seem like a dumb question but I searched and didnt find anything. Where is the blower motor at in a 95 XJ and how do I get to it? I gotta put the new one I bought in when I get back from my exam. Its cold up here in MI!!! How long of a job is it usually? I know I can fix it... that wont be a problem. Just need to know where its at and how long it will take in order to see if I can squeeze the installation in between my two final exams today. Thanks

EDIT: In my defense because I know this is probably a stupid question.... Its too damn cold and early to go out and look for it right now lol!!!

Last edited:
just got done swapping in the blower motor. I had checked the fuses before and they were fine so I assumed it was the motor. All fan speeds were out. Could this be the resistor? The old blower motor works fine as does the new one. The jeep just wont turn it on. Could it be the HVAC controls? What else is there that I should check? I have read stuff about the resistor but read that when the resistor is out then the fan will work on hi.

white99z said:
just got done swapping in the blower motor. I had checked the fuses before and they were fine so I assumed it was the motor. All fan speeds were out. Could this be the resistor? The old blower motor works fine as does the new one. The jeep just wont turn it on. Could it be the HVAC controls? What else is there that I should check? I have read stuff about the resistor but read that when the resistor is out then the fan will work on hi.
The blower fuse?

if it's the thermal fuse then when you put the speed to high(4) the fan should work. if it is non-operational all the time then it is more likely the vaccuum controls.

if it works on high check out this page.

http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/Jeep/HVAC-fuselink_fix.html

my fuse was OK but the connectors on the resistors were very coroded. I cleaned them up with sandpaper and then some solder and they worked perfect for another year. Then the corrosion took over again and I decided to shell out the $35 @ the dealer for a new pack.

It doesnt work on any setting and its not the fuse. If its the vacuum controls does that just mean its my HVAC control panel? I know I have a vaccuum leak because before all this happened my heat would just come out the defrost vents. Is it possible that something just rattled loose in my dash and caused both of these problems or is it something worse like a bad vacuum leak?

Back