• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable coil spacers

K2fender

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a 3" Rusty's lift on my 99 XJ. I was thinking of doing adjustable coil spacers and a shackle in the back to add a little more lift, for the time being. My question is, will this effect my flex other than providing more wheel travel room. I'm thinking my ride shouldnt be much different, as the spacers aren't supposed to effect spring compression too much. Any opinions on the adjustable spacers? Likes, dislikes?

I have ACOS and 4.5 RE coils for about 6". These came on the Jeep when I bought it. They don't effect your ride and they do allow easy adjustment as you add bumpers or to level the ront to new rear springs or passanger side sag that might come as your springs get older. I don't think you would want to take advantage of all the lift you can dial into these since I think you could then pop a spring over the bump stop easy. For the inch you would get with the shakles why not just get a kit like Daystars that comes with shakles and poly spacers. If your passanger side is sagging down put the original rubber on over the poly spacer and you should level out.

I dont think the ACOS will go down to 1''. I think the smallest they go is something like 2.5'', so you will need more then a shackle in the back to level it out, unless your back is sitting high now. You ride will be affected not from the coils, but from the control arm angles. Do you have stock or aftermarket arms? You might need new arms if you have stock.

I'm getting adjustable lca's and a track bar before i go any bigger. The lowest the rustys go is 1.75". It should sit fairly level with a jks shackle. I'm thinking of just doing 4.5 coils and leaf packs instead. Thanks for the replies though.

not to hijack, but how do you adjust the ACOS if I want to move it up an inch or so? It looks like just an Allen wrench will fit in there if I compress the coils first, but I know Rusty's and other kits have a 'spanner wrench' instead. What's the deal with JKS ACOS? Just an Allen wrench?

Thanks, sorry for the hijack.

Chris

I'd be wary of the ACOS. I heard they were designed by a power hungry, thread nazi, asshat.

you have to take all the weight off the spring/acos, then use the allen wrench to loosen the bolt that holds it tight, then the whole bottom ring spins on the threads to adjust it to desired height. then you retighten the allen head bolt to lock it in place.

ckh550 said:
not to hijack, but how do you adjust the ACOS if I want to move it up an inch or so? It looks like just an Allen wrench will fit in there if I compress the coils first, but I know Rusty's and other kits have a 'spanner wrench' instead. What's the deal with JKS ACOS? Just an Allen wrench?

Thanks, sorry for the hijack.

Chris

Last edited:
Back