• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

searched-Looking for Skyjacker 3" advice

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
Want to put the skyjacker 3" kit with full spring packs on. Looking for anyone that has done this on a mid 90's jeep. Want to know if I will need to get a SYE with this kit, or will I be able to get around it with this year jeep?

I used to have this kit a long time ago, it was great for what i used my jeep for back then. It rode pretty well and the soft ride leaves flex well. You will need a TC drop but will not need an SYE

I ran a Skyjacker 3" lift for over 100 k miles in my 96, very happy with the ride. Rear leafs did sag when loaded with the rear bumper and tire carrier,lots of weight behind the axle.
I also went with a SYE because of the vibe problems.SYE can be had for less than $200 now and CV drive shafts for around $250.
Wayne

thanks guys-i think I'll try the t-case drop until I can save $$ for the SYE. If the lift goes on and it has ibes, I guess I'll park it until I can get the sye.

I have that same kit on my '01 and I just have a transfer case drop with it. Everything is workin fine so far. And this is just my opinion here but if you get a t case drop get the skyjacker one. It doesn't require you to take the studs out of the "frame" which is somthing a lot of others have trouble with. The shifter linkage relocation is kinda screwy but it can be made to work right.

60thAnivrsryXJ said:
I have that same kit on my '01 and I just have a transfer case drop with it. Everything is workin fine so far. And this is just my opinion here but if you get a t case drop get the skyjacker one. It doesn't require you to take the studs out of the "frame" which is somthing a lot of others have trouble with. The shifter linkage relocation is kinda screwy but it can be made to work right.

You've had to much to drink.

I Installed one of those lifts and I had to make my own tc drop It worked out great I used 1 1/4 box steel drilled holes straight through and i just put the nuts back on with a open end wrench cost me $5.00 and it worked so well I made some for my Xj. Also I recommend taking out 1 of the caster shims on each lower control arm bracket just to get the caster closer to where you want it and avoid a very scary test drive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I do the t-case drop, and save up for the SYE, which I want to do, but $$$$$ adds up quick (Just Empty Every Pocket).

I work at a custom truck shop so Ive seen it all and the skyjacker is pretty solid for the price, just plan on the tcase drop. and some shackles in a year.

yeah-figured when I add the heavy rear bumper and such, I'll have to add some 1" or 1.5" shackles. Thought about going the revolver shackle route, but I haven't looked into whether they provide any lift.

Back