• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brackets for RE Superflex joints?

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
For the HP44 swap...

The plan is to extend Ford radius arms and attach Re superflex joints to the ends and mount them up inside the frame rail...

Similar to this rear 4 link setup but up front and on the inside of the rail...

DSCF0030.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a prefabbed bracket that I could weld to the channel steel I'm welding to the uniframe for strength and foundation?

I have the large RE joints and if I had to make them the brackets from square tubing...

What size/diameter recommended?

Anybody willing to fab me up a pair of brackets for a fair price?

Go to your local steel supply, and have them cut you a couple of pieces the size you need for the joints from some thick wall square tubing. Thats what I did. Then just weld them where you need them with some gussets.

A RE joint is 2 5/8" wide.

A piece of 3 x 3 x 3/16" wall tubing will give you that exact inside measurement and provide the strength necessary for that application. Just cut and shape to fit.

HTH

Gil, the proper size box for a large RE joint is 3"x3"x.188" wall. Cut the welded seam side of the box off, and the joint slips right in.

The mounts pictured are two piece, welded together. I made them this way so I can completely service (lube & tighten. Everything but completely rebuilding) them with a spanner wrench while still bolted in place.
I used 1/2" thick plate on the adjustable side to make up for the tight radius around the mounting bolt. (Needed to clear the spanner wrench)

The extra work is way worth it when you have to tighten the bushings (somewhat often with RE Superflex joints).
Just loosen the set screw and tighten.

Last edited:
Back