• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar link dilemma

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
8fdb.jpg

Recently I discovered that I had bent a swaybar link on my ’90. This is my DD and there aren’t many hills here in SW Louisiana. It happened after driving through some ditches inspecting damage after hurricane Rita. So, instead of getting a replacement RC link I got the disconnects (RC). During the install of the new link I left the non-bent link attached so the swaybar would not droop. When I got the new disco link installed it was about 1.5-2” to long. So finally here is the question, what would be the best way to install the new links (1) jack the swaybar up to fit the new link (the link is in the shortest of 4 positions) (2) get the angle of the swaybar to 10-20 degrees as recommended on JKS web site and cut the new link rod to fit.
The RC links came with the RC 4.5” kit. I’ve since replaced the RC coils for RE 4.5” and added RE DBs. Any advice will be appreciated and please keep the RC bashing to a minimum.
blaise :us:

DD '90 XJ 4.0 Auto, RE 4.5" coils, 1/2" poly spacers, RE DB's, Rocky Road 1.5" shackles/2" blocks, Rusty's air tube intake, Pro Comp 1069 15x8's, 32X11.50 BFG A/T's, '93 stock external spare carrier, Rebuilt motor @ 176K, Flowmaster Super 40, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, MSD ignition, Detroit EZ locker Hella 500's

Just install the new links and see how it does. If after driving it around a little you think you want shorter links, then cut them down. Pretty darn simple to try them first.

BTW, you shouldn't have to jack the sway bar up, it will push up with your hand.

Back