• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have a few problems after uca and lca instalation

xj89

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys so i just finished up isntalling my new upper and lower arms from tnt customs. and an adjustabel trakc bar. and wheel hubs ad u joints. lemme begin by saying evan though i havent been aligned yet, just from the around the block driving i can tell arleady the ride is improved 10 fold over stock. im having 2 problems.

1: my right wheel clunks, the sound is almost as if the tire is loose but its not. im thinking maybe something in the brakes becasue the arms are in tight, so im thinking possibly a loose oad or the caliber is loose. what would make the sound of a loose tire, but yet its not.

2: sticks in 4wd now. it engages fine. but does not disengage at the vacume disco. the vacume lines are now to short since the axle was pushed forward with the longer controle arms. how would i go about lenghing the lines. I have a posi lock ready to install. but i dont really want to brave the cold anymore. i gues for the time being i should just not shift in 4wd.

after the alignment tomorrow, and the guy checks everything over, ill update on how i feel about the arms and what not. and ill post some pics of them instaleld. but as of now jot me down as another happy customer from tnt customs.

xj89 said:
1: my right wheel clunks, the sound is almost as if the tire is loose but its not. im thinking maybe something in the brakes becasue the arms are in tight, so im thinking possibly a loose oad or the caliber is loose. what would make the sound of a loose tire, but yet its not.

You might want to check the u-joint or the hub.

2nd the ball joints

check unit bearing...

lift up the front end and shake the wheel a little and see how much play there is....

Back