• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help With My Antenna

Ghetto2315

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a 94 XJ over the summer and the only thing that was wrong with it was that the Antenna was broken. It stood real crooked and sometimes would become loose when driving becuase of the vibrations

I thought I could ignore it, but I was wrong... it bothers the piss out of me.

I have tried tightening it to no avail and it just looks like crap. How do I fix this? How much would it cost to take it to some place and let them fix it?? What are my options besides letting it be or taking it off completely and having a hole???

Thank you guys!

1612150_9_full.jpg

1612150_8_full.jpg

Last edited:
First off, that is an aftermarket antenna. They are notorious for being problems. If you have issues with it squirt in some RTV in there before you tighten it down.

RTV, as in the adhesive sealant?

I'd rather not mask the problem, but fix it permanantly.

Can I purchase a stock antenna and fit it and call it a day??

Well I just got back from the dealership and they quoted me on 4 parts:

Part # 56038 500AB -> MAST PACKAGE, Radio Antenna $10.50
Part # 56000 506 -> CAPNUT, Antenna $3.50
Part # 56001 183 -> PAD, Antenna Mounting $4.60
Part # 56000 282 -> BASE, w/ cable $13.10

For a total of $31.70 in parts. I'm better off just getting this Ebay auction?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...ewItemQQcategoryZ33639QQitemZ8022003989QQrdZ1

just go to the stealership.. those prices are OK to me.

FYI you may wana clean up that rust before you "call it a day"

Ghetto2315 said:
Well I just got back from the dealership and they quoted me on 4 parts:

Part # 56038 500AB -> MAST PACKAGE, Radio Antenna $10.50
Part # 56000 506 -> CAPNUT, Antenna $3.50
Part # 56001 183 -> PAD, Antenna Mounting $4.60
Part # 56000 282 -> BASE, w/ cable $13.10

For a total of $31.70 in parts. I'm better off just getting this Ebay auction?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...ewItemQQcategoryZ33639QQitemZ8022003989QQrdZ1
Have you thought about going to AutoZone and getting one of those short rubber replacements like you see on TJs/YJs? I was thinking about getting one just because I don't like the long metal one, and when it snatches trees on a trail it won't rebound and swing all over the place. You'd need to buy the OEM base to make these work though IIRC.

FUnny that you mention that... I bought one right after I bought the XJ, but obviously it didnt fit becuase I had no idea the antenna was aftermarket so I have one sitting home.

Once I get the mast and everything installed, I'll unscrew the long metal antenna piece and screw on the"euro" antenna

Back