• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Distance between coils and sway bar disconnects

00XJFAN

NAXJA Forum User
Just had my RE adjustable upper control arms and 4.5" RE coils installed and now the RE sway bar quick disconnect assembly almost touches the passengar side coil spring and has plenty of clearance on the drivers side. How do I and what do I adjust to give the passenger side more space to move it away from the coils?

2000 XJ, RE 4.5 Super Flex Kit with Adjustable Track bar and monotube shocks.

My RE kit came with little brackets to move the whole sway bar forward andinch or two.

RE9921.jpg

Is the wheelbase the same on both sides? Did you have it aligned yet? If the arms whernt the same length on both sides, the passenger side maybe pushed foward more than the driver side thus making the coil hit the discos. A good alignment shop should check that.

AARON

It is also very possible that the spring is just arching a different direction on either side. Mine did this too. That bracket from RE comes with the 5.5" kit but not the 4.5" kit. It is pretty cheap to order seperate, something like $30 or you can just make your own as they are real simple.

Mine hit the springs, so I made these out of scrap 2x2x3/16 square stock to get a 2" drop and 1" forward. Same idea as the RE brackets, but beefier and free.

The left mount shows side and top, the right shows the bottom with 3 holes drilled. The hole in the middle lets me get a socket on one of the bolts that goes into the stock SB mount-hole on the frame.

dma80w.jpg

I had the same problem. The JKS quicker disconnects have so much adjustment I was able to put my swaybar back in its original position with a good distance between the coils. You should also check control arm length, and make sure that's the same on each side, upper and lower, depending on what you've replaced.

yeah if your discos are hitting the coils then something is out of wack. Alot of times it's because people are running short arms with long coils causing them to bow out.

Order the kit from RE to relocate the swaybar. I just got mine and will be installing it this week. Only $30.

Back