• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 to 91 wiring swap

muddshutter

NAXJA Forum User
Group,

I have a 87 MJ and i am swapping in a new 91 stroker 4.6L & a new ax-15 and i am getting a 91 harness out of an XJ with the same specs. I am planning on getting the ENTIRE harness, computer and sensors from the guy.

What else do i need to make sure i get from the donor?

Besides the task of removing my harness and installing the donor, what other complications can you reflect on?

What items are worth changing now while i have it apart?

Any help is great as i have spent much time reserching and looking back at past threads on these subjects.

noah

muddshutter said:
Group,

I have a 87 MJ and i am swapping in a new 91 stroker 4.6L & a new ax-15 and i am getting a 91 harness out of an XJ with the same specs. I am planning on getting the ENTIRE harness, computer and sensors from the guy.

What else do i need to make sure i get from the donor?

Besides the task of removing my harness and installing the donor, what other complications can you reflect on?

What items are worth changing now while i have it apart?

Any help is great as i have spent much time reserching and looking back at past threads on these subjects.

noah

Does this include the body harness? The firewall connector is different and to plug the 91 harness into the dash harness you will need the 91 one.

Back