• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapo 3 inch kit qs?

mjd99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Im slowly putting together a kit to get about 3". I have a full spare stock XJ pack- I plan on attempting the bastard pack setup. Not sure if i should use just the main leaf from donor pack or 2 leafs. I already have 1.5 inch shackles so im thinking of trying just the one first. I am having a hard time finding a good set of coil springs- Id like to try the OME ones, but cant find them seperatly and i think theyd be about an inch too short anyways. Also looked into Tomkin coils- I havent seen much about them on here- anyone run them? Good? Bad? Im trying to do this on a super tight budget and save a bean or two. Also are shims not as effective as a TC drop kit, or should i do both (again no $ for SYE). And lastly can i get away with the stock track bar at about 3" Thanks for any help, i know how to search but i figured maybe someone would have already been through the same expierience and save me a bit of time.

If you want some good flexing springs going with your plans.I used the last and the second from top ones and it gave me 3"around about.Then I went and had them re-arched, it gave me around 4.5 lift in springs.

Coils I would refer you to use rusty's because they are cheep and they work great in my opinion.

I run their 4.5 coils and have for about a year and they still give me 5".I think they settled already.

Back