• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel keeping xj from starting

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
The fuel regulator at the end of the rail is leaking fuel out of the place where it conects to the rail. Would this cause my jeep not to start.It cranks but acts like its not getting gas or spark i checked the spark it is there so is the rail the issue?
Thanks William

littlebluexj said:
The fuel regulator at the end of the rail is leaking fuel out of the place where it conects to the rail. Would this cause my jeep not to start.It cranks but acts like its not getting gas or spark i checked the spark it is there so is the rail the issue?
Thanks William

if its leaking it's...

A.) Not building up enough presure and,
B.) A big ass fire waiting to happen.

Im not driving it right now it in my clubs shop.I am doing the rest of the work on it sound damping and bedliner,front breaklines,front pinon seal,exaust,polished TB,locker for rear and gears.The club is geting together for new years..

Will my problem not let it start???
William

If it is leaking the last thing you should think about is getting it started. Fix the leak first. It may be causing the no start problem. No pressure = no start. Raw fuel = fire = new Jeep

chris

I have already ordered my new injectors and rail and regulator it will be here tomorrow.I really wanted to know if the fuel leake is the problem or is it something else that could make it have the no start problem.it does crank so it isn't cpu and it has spark,also there is fuel to the rail it is spraying out of the crack

If you are getting spark but not enough fuel to the cylinders if could/may be the problem. When you get the leak taken care and it still doesn't start, check back here with the symptoms and I'm sure someone here will be able to help out more.

chris

littlebluexj said:
I have already ordered my new injectors and rail and regulator it will be here tomorrow.I really wanted to know if the fuel leake is the problem or is it something else that could make it have the no start problem.it does crank so it isn't cpu and it has spark,also there is fuel to the rail it is spraying out of the crack
It will not start with a fuel leak, the fuel pump is not running untill it fires up.

Pogiboy said:
just out of curiosity, where is the fuel regulaotr. Dumb question I know. But always willing to learn!
While your learning always post the year model your asking about.
Different years and different locations.

if its leaking it's...

A.) Not building up enough presure and,
B.) A big ass fire waiting to happen

What he said.....If the FPR is leaking then the pressure is not building up.
The leak should be your main concern at this time...Not trying to be s smart a** here but the FPR needs to be replaced NOW

Its going to be replaced if i ever recieve my parts I may be 18 but not dumb. The FPR is located at the front of fuelrail. The little can at the end that the fuel return line plugs into.That info is for a renix system.

Back