• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dead Battery?

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this morning I had to jump-start my junk because the battery was dead. As I drove to work everything ran fine, and the volts gauge was at 14. When I got to work (20 miles), just for chits and giggles, I tried to start it and nothing...dead again...my guess is that the battery is toast, or could it be the alternator?!?

Appreciate your input, thanks!

– Joe

joe_boatwright said:
Ok, this morning I had to jump-start my junk because the battery was dead. As I drove to work everything ran fine, and the volts gauge was at 14. When I got to work (20 miles), just for chits and giggles, I tried to start it and nothing...dead again...my guess is that the battery is toast, or could it be the alternator?!?

Appreciate your input, thanks!

– Joe
Not with the voltmeter showing 14 volts.
Dirty connections could be the cause.

langer1 said:
Not with the voltmeter showing 14 volts.
Dirty connections could be the cause.

Whats not? Battery. Alt. Both? I checked the connections and everything is tightly connected and clean.

langer1 said:
With 14 volts it's not the alt.

Ok, thats what I was thinking, I'm going to go get a new battery and see if that solves the problem. (need one anyway, the one I have is kinda old.

Back