• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting cherokee, what to grab

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Im getting a 1988 cherokee. Runs and drives as far as I know. What should I grab off of it before I haul it off?

Alternator
Starter
??

Its a 4WD

Has it got a 44, or is that only '87?

Is it a 4.0?

If it's not a rust bucket and it runs, stroke it!

Re: Parting Cherokee, what to grab

Lou said:
Now, what the hell would someone do with an entire functioning vehicle?

taken from Swopes.com:

"The fantasy of a fully functional Jeep Cherokee vehicle has been seen on the internet for some time, primarily in the form of boastful e-mails and bulletin board posts originating from frustrated owners of Cherokee vehicles. Some of the most spurious are claims of rust free unibodies from owners in the American south, claims of sub-14 quarter mile runs attributed to an owner alleged to live in Australia, and outlandish claims of off-road abilities from the western states of America. The latter type are often accompanied by Photoshop(r) constructions of ridiculously lifted Cherokees scaling imposing rocky landscapes. Psychologists believe that the creators of such fantasy may be compensating for inadequacies in other aspects of their lives."

:laugh3:

Re: Parting Cherokee, what to grab

XJ Dreamin' said:
taken from Swopes.com:

"The fantasy of a fully functional Jeep Cherokee vehicle has been seen on the internet for some time, primarily in the form of boastful e-mails and bulletin board posts originating from frustrated owners of Cherokee vehicles. Some of the most spurious are claims of rust free unibodies from owners in the American south, claims of sub-14 quarter mile runs attributed to an owner alleged to live in Australia, and outlandish claims of off-road abilities from the western states of America. The latter type are often accompanied by Photoshop(r) constructions of ridiculously lifted Cherokees scaling imposing rocky landscapes. Psychologists believe that the creators of such fantasy may be compensating for inadequacies in other aspects of their lives."

:laugh3:

Should that read "alledged to be from the UAE?" I may have misquoted Swopes.

Back