• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil/ Leaf springs balancing

R

rangerjoe2001

ok well currently i am running the RE 4.5 lift with ACOS in the front.
I added the ACOS after adding a bumper. After 3 years with the lift i have developed some bad torque lean to the passenger side. I am currently in the process of building a custom rear spring pack to get me to sit at around 4-4.5" tall.

What would be a good spring to run in the front? One that would help balance it out. Since i have the Acos in front i am looking for a spring with approx 3-3.5" lift with a little stiffer spring rate (220 or so).

I know zj springs are stiffer, but i would need a zj front spring built for 2-2.5 lift "since they sit 1" higher right?"

By balance out, do you mean leveling side to side, or flex and ride characteristics front to back?

I've always had to run one or two more leaves in the passenger side than in the drivers side to compensate for torque leaning when building a sping pack out of used springs. The front has little to do with the leaning. Since you can fine tune with the ACOS, I'd build and install the rears, then see how you look, before messing with the front coils.

i mean balancing out flex, as the front flexes a lot more than the rear..

i almost have to hit the front bumpstops before the rear flexes a good ammount

rangerjoe2001 said:
i mean balancing out flex, as the front flexes a lot more than the rear..

i almost have to hit the front bumpstops before the rear flexes a good ammount

That's primarily because RE's coils are really soft and squishy. I've found that the Rusty's coils have a stiffer rate to them which helps balance things out a little better.

this is the difference i was talking about.. these are goatmans pics from another thread
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

a huge difference

Back