• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 & D44 Truss Designs - Input please?

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Okay well they're getting trussed.

First our friend the XJ LP 44.

I'm thinking a simple over the top truss. I would imagine that it should be boxed (U channel type gig) but what material should I use? Let me know your thoughts on box vs. flat vs. I.

Here is the design:
d44-top.jpg

Now for the 30.

First off there's the simple top truss. Here I'm thinking flat with a possible I type ridge at the top for strength if necessary, what material should I use?
d30-top.jpg

I'm also thinking of adding an additional rear truss to limit fore/aft flexing and just strengthen it more. This is the main reason that I'm thinking of going with a flat or I type truss instead of boxed as this will be extra strength.
d30-rear.jpg

I also plan to gusset the C's and weld the tubes.

Obviously these designs are not firm, I will be deviating from them for little realities such as suspension linkages.

These axles will be in my Cherokee and will see rock service with 4.88's and ARB's. I have no intentions of going above 33" tires for this Cherokee but would like to overbuild as much as I can.

Thanks for the help oh profits of AdFab!

Bling yo!

GSequoia said:
How'd you know I was going to get the entire axles, including truss work, nickle plated?

wuus - go platnum!

bling4.jpg

Back