• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

amplifier wiring

ny_busboy

NAXJA Forum User
can anybody tell me how to run the amplifier wires without being seen. From the cargo room to the stereo.

yes that is the best/quick way and you can always lift some carpet up and run it under there...just keep rca's from power cables...for the trim you might have to unscrew a few pieces to get a clean fit ( i had 4 gauge so...)

Yeah, taking all that off is kinda like a jigsaw puzzle, but it's the best way for a clean looking installation. If you remove the trim along the bottom edge of the door be careful when you re-attach it not to put a screw through one of your amp cables. I put one through my speaker wire but got lucky and it passed between the + and -, didn't find out until the next time I had it off.

Ditto on the trim thing. I was lazy when I needed to run a USB from the front to the back later on; I just flexed the bottom of the trim open enough to slip the USB wire under it.

Back