• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pop up blocker

92jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Alrighty, totally off topic, but, anybody tell me what a good pop up blocker is that is free? A buddy of mine installed a free one, then, had to purchase thier software to remove something the blocker did. So, if anyone has one the use and trust, let me know. Thanks in advance

Tylor

Firefox works well, free too...

Firefox here.

I had to go in the horsepital for an emergency apendectomy last week. I think my step son cruised the unrestricted internet with MSIE on MY computer, which has no filtering. When I came home from the horsepital, I had 8 popups sitting there waiting on me.

Symatec Antivirus was needed to get my computer free of 94 infected files. The free version of AVG did NOTHING to fix my virus problems. I never installed SAV before now because I never had worries or problems before.

The viri were so bad, one of them took my background and changed it, and made settings in XP that wouldnt allow me to change it back, said "Viris Infection". No doh.

This was introducted by MSIE.

The moral of the story is, its not a pop up blocker you want if there coming up on there own (without browser), its an anti virus (SAV is my recomendation) program, followed by a daily dose of Firefox!!

Good luck,
Andrew

Makes me wish I could strip MSIE from Win2K - I don't use it, except for accessing an email account so I don't have to log in... I don't hit any sites but Yahoo! on MSIE.

I've got four browsers installed - Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, and MSIE. I use FireFox the most, and have the least trouble with it.

What is Firefox? It's Netscape, without all the extra and AOHell crap integrated. If you know how to configure and use Netscape, you know how to configure and use Firefox. If you don't, you can figure it out in, say, five minutes if you have an IQ over forty. It's really very easy.

Free download.

Firefox is probably the best for blocking popups, with Mozilla running a fairly close second place. Netscape doesn't do a good job anymore, and MSIE, I think, writes its own popup windows for you to deal with.

Get Firefox.

5-90

Run Google's tool bar. It has a great popup blocker in it, and has a spell checker as well. The best thing is that it is free.

Back