• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kruise Kontrol

Dragline

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to troubleshoot my cruise control (came from the factory with CC) that hasn't worked in years. I can see from a wiring diagram I got from somewhere that there is an inline fuse somewhere. Does anyone know where this fuse is? I can't find it anywhere. Also what does the controller look like? I assume it is stuck under the dash somewhere, but I'm not sure. I assume if I find the controller, I will be able to find the fuse.

As critical to the operation of cruise control as getting power is that it gets vacuum. If you verify that no fuses are blown and the control unit, which is under the driver's side dash, is getting power, make sure that you have no vacuum leaks and that the vac line to the cruise vacuum actuator is in good shape. If your HVAC controls don't work well or if you have any idle problems then the vacuum system is likely at fault.

JEEPZZ said:
vehicle info???

Sorry.
'92 Laredo
AW4

First problem I have is the CC will not even come on. No idle problems. AC doesn't work but only because of no refrigerant. Valves or ducts open and close like they should when I swith AC on or off, so I think the vac system is OK. I've poked around under the dash and I can't find the controller. What does it look like and is it mounted to something or just supported by the wires? How big is it and is it marked? What shape? I'm not sure what to look for.

Back