• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittent stalling

Rocker

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ auto 85,000
Searched and found others with similar symptoms but no clear cut solutions posted. Engine stalls when returning to idle at stop light etc or just letting off pedal completely. Happens occasionally. If it doesnt stall you can see that rpms dip too low and then it catches itself and returns to normal on the tach. Always restarts but sometimes have to put pedal down to do so. Similar posts listed battery, dirty tb, cps, maybe tps. Anybody had these symptoms and whats the cure? Thanks.

The cure is a good mechanic. Any number of problems can cause those symptoms. Unless you want to just start replacing parts until you find the right one, then spend your money wisely on a technician who will probably charge you some labor....but will only have to change ONE part.

BTW...shouldn't this be in regular tech section?

Yeah, this is regular tech...

But until the mods decide to move it, I'll keep it at the top because I'm dealing with the same thing with my 2000 XJ with 60K miles. I replaced the battery and it still does it.

Once this is moved we can continue it over there.

Wanted to bring this back up because I'm still having random stalling issues. I changed the battery about a month ago and the Jeep ran fine until yesterday when it died twice in one day. It's always the same circumstances - at an idle. This is a 2000 XJ with 62K on the odometer.

Anyone with some sage wisdom on what the problem could be??? I don't want to just start replacing parts.

Back