• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff tires front-rear

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
does it hurt anything to run different Dia. tires front to rear, i know you can't run them on the same axle but not sure front to rear

90 4x4 limited

funvtec said:
does it hurt anything to run different Dia. tires front to rear, i know you can't run them on the same axle but not sure front to rear

90 4x4 limited
With 4WD you can't run them front to rear either.

now would it be ok if i kept it out of 4wd for about a week til i bought the other 2?

i'm only asking because i'm running bfg 235-75-15 now and was planning on upgrading to a 31 tall tire soon but i had a flat this morning and would like to just get the size i want instead of buying a complete new set a few weeks from now anyways so basically i dont want to waste the money on another 275 when i'm going to be changing them soon anyway

i just dont have all the cash right now kinda unplanned flat :(

funvtec said:
now would it be ok if i kept it out of 4wd for about a week til i bought the other 2?

i'm only asking because i'm running bfg 235-75-15 now and was planning on upgrading to a 31 tall tire soon but i had a flat this morning and would like to just get the size i want instead of buying a complete new set a few weeks from now anyways so basically i dont want to waste the money on another 275 when i'm going to be changing them soon anyway

i just dont have all the cash right now kinda unplanned flat :(
Yes just don't use 4WD untill you get the other tires.

cool thats the way i'll go

they wan't 265.57 out the door for the bfg 31-10.5-15
i should be able to swing the other 2 this weekend

thanks

I can't win the tire place wont put the 31's on the one axle because he said it would bind my transfer case and as soon as i turned a corner it would buck like a bronco, i then said well its not full time 4wd he said it doesn't matter it'll still blow the transfer case so it looks like i'll be staying with the 235-75-15

Run away.....but first buy the tires from them. Then take them somewhere else and get them mounted.
Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
Run away.....but first buy the tires from them. Then take them somewhere else and get them mounted.
Jeff

X2. I can't recall but that seems like a great price for those tires if it included mounting and balancing.

i'm on the phone now with tires plus price matches woohoo they originally wanted 330 for two so we are all set now i get the same price as the other place but i said i was taking the rims off my self (no biggie) just in case i had the same issue, i know if i kept them on the same axle i wouldn't run into problems as long as i keep it in 2wd

so here we come extra ground clearance!

yardape said:
X2. I can't recall but that seems like a great price for those tires if it included mounting and balancing.

yup thats the price tax, mount, balance, stems, disposal damn good deal

One more thing, your 235's are radial and I doubt the 31 are.
Your handling will be real strange if not dangerious, so be very carfull untill you get all four tires the same.

langer1 said:
One more thing, your 235's are radial and I doubt the 31 are.
Your handling will be real strange if not dangerious, so be very carfull untill you get all four tires the same.

He already said they would be bfg's, which would probably be mt's or at's if he's going 31.. which would for sure be radial. What would make you doubt it?

yeah if i need to i'll add a bit of a spacer but i plan on doing a 4.5 inch lift soon in a month or so so at least i'll have the tires out of the way lol

well i got the new tires on the rear now and they fit PERFECT, i coudn't ask for a perfect fit i hope the front goes just as well it looks like i have pleanty of room to clear everything up front so we'll see, i'll kepp you posted on any issues

thanks to everyone for your help

Back