• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One pissed off Jeeper

LazarusMJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting to despise my jeep. Yesterday my clutch gives out on me so I can barley drive it, and today the fuel pump quits. I am losing at a never ending battle against an old truck. I think its days as a daily driver are numbered. Time to put the ax to her and make it a dedicated street legal off road truck (legal only because I don't want to trailer it unless I go a long distance). I hope to start tearing it apart soon and will take notes and pics of all I do.

I just want to thank all of the people here at NAXJA that have shown me what works and how to do it yourself. Also I will be applying for a membership as soon as I get my new cash card.

I keep thinking I need a backup vehicle. My dad always had one more car in the fleet than he had drivers. He could always have one in the shop (and he always did) and keep everybody on the road. The problem here is, insurance. I don't like paying for two cars. Adding a third would mean cutting back somewhere else: the kids don't need to eat that much, do they?

What's happening to your MJ is what happened to my '86 Ram Charger. I ended up overhauling the engine. That took so long we bought the XJ and transfered the insurance from the Ram Charger. The mistake was selling the Ram Charger. No way did I recoupe anything out of selling it. It would be nice now to be able to put it back on the road for a while so I could work on the XJ. I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy another XJ so I can put this one in the shop, then switch 'em out and build the new one while this one lives out its second life as a DD. Yeah. That's why my user name is Dreamin' :laugh3:

Good Luck. Keep us up to date.

Back