• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyota T-case?

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
anyone ever fliped and run a toyota t-case?

the come stock with a 21 or 23 spline input (but its male, meaning that you would need a sleve to mate to your tranny), can be twin sticked, all gears (no chain), and has low gearing all the way down to 4.97:1 and the gears are fairly cheap - less than 500 for the set...

i could by toyota t-cases on e-bay all day long for less than $50.00

i see the need for an adaptor plate, and the need for the sleve, and some way to work a flip kit, but it doesnt seem any harder than fliping a d300...

any thoughts?

yes i did search and i did see this thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50744&highlight=toyota+transfer

Last edited:
If you really are interested in doing it, you need to talk to these guys. marlin crawler They are here in fresno and Marlin is the SHIT when it comes to that stuff. Just say you have an aw4 and want to put toys behind it. That is the place to get the right info.

Scrappy said:
If you really are interested in doing it, you need to talk to these guys. marlin crawler They are here in fresno and Marlin is the SHIT when it comes to that stuff. Just say you have an aw4 and want to put toys behind it. That is the place to get the right info.

but i dont have an aw4 - i have an ax-15 :D

from looking at it - the 23 spline - 23 spline sleve could be made from many things, and id need an adaptor plate anyway, just make that thick enough and I get the clearance for the sleve and having both male shafts and would get me both the bolt patterns that i would need, and then all id have to deal with is figuring out a shifter and make that come out of what is now the top of the case (flip kit if you will)

just an Idea that i am playing with on this sunday morning...

will look into marlin

I know you have a manual. but he also know the AW4s like the back of his hand. and since its the same rear pattern, it wont matter. But letting a Toy guy mess with 2 aisian things is good for his ego lol

Back