• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire width questions

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
i currently have a 95 xj with 4.5" up front and 4" in back b/c of sag. i have 32x11.50 and i need new tires. i run cragar wheels with 4.0bs i think. i want to go to a 33" this winter/spring but i am not sure what wdth. next summer i am going to boost it up to 5.5" of lift with some other mods.

i am either getting bfg all terrains dunlop radial mud rovers, or trxus sts. but i do no tlike the slow speed vibes of the sts. or the possible mt/r or bfg mud terrains.

should i get 33x12.50 or 33x10.50 or stay with 32x11.50?

i also have rubicon flares so i ahve a littel more width room.

wha tis reccommended. i usually do more rock and technical than mud and alot of city driving in dry and snow conditions since it is my DD. here is a pic from this summer at 3" and stock flares. now it has 4.5 and rubi flares

myxj3.jpg

mostly b/c i want to go higher and b/c the typical go higher go bigger. will it flex better on tha tmuch lift with 32's? its just alot of money to spend and i want to be sure i buy the right thing.

There's no reason to not go with the 33x12.50's, if that's what you want. The only benefit of the 10.50's is fitment, but it's too easy to trim a little more to make the 12.50's fit.

Just do it. :)

well unless i get soem winter 31's i will be buying new 33's before april. i have also noticed only a 5 dollar max price difference between 32 and 33.

next is which tire. here are some local prices and add $50 for install. i am thinking the bfg all terrain($130 ea), dunlop radial mudrover(120ea)
trxus sts($130ea) and a few others around the same range. but i dont like the low speed vibrations from the sts but is supposed to be a great all terrain on off road tire. wtf?

in a 33x12.50

Don't forget the Trxus MT. Great all around tire. Not much more than any you have listed. JIM.

I ran mine for over 2 yrs. Had around 42K on them. Still had decent tread left when I sold them. I did a 5 tire rotation every other oil change. JIM.

xtrememtbiker85 said:
well unless i get soem winter 31's i will be buying new 33's before april. i have also noticed only a 5 dollar max price difference between 32 and 33.

next is which tire. here are some local prices and add $50 for install. i am thinking the bfg all terrain($130 ea), dunlop radial mudrover(120ea)
trxus sts($130ea) and a few others around the same range. but i dont like the low speed vibrations from the sts but is supposed to be a great all terrain on off road tire. wtf?

in a 33x12.50

$5 max???? Just looking through JP and almost every tire sold the price increase from 32s to 33s is at least $15-$20. Times that by four (or five) and you could have bought something else for the heep and still had new 32s.

i am serious about the $5 max. i did some searches and found a few different online companies that sell these brands and there was very little price difference between the two sizes.

now my question is do i just get the bfg all terrains or is the dunlop radial mud rover a good enough tire for DD use and trail riding? i can get the mud rover from sams club in a 33x12.50 for $119 each and $60 for all four mounted and balanced at a local tire shop.

or should i look at different tires completely? i sont think i want the trxus mt or sts i think i wanna stay in the bfg all terrains or a trypcal mud terrain tire like the mud rover or mud terrain. i am more in to rock crawling and technical driving than mud. the mud is just the space in between the obstacles.

i wil prolly run all terrains in a 31 for winter on my stock wheels and teh 33's summer on my cragar wheels.

Back