• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny cooler install question.

2000XJSPORT

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I am going to install at stock tranny cooler in my 2000 XJ. I see how lines run and where it goes, but I wanted to know if it is easy to disconect the hoses from the radiator out. Do these hoses just pull off since I do not see any hose clamps on them?
Thanks for the help.
Alex

Last edited:
2000XJSPORT said:
Hello,
I am going to install at stock tranny cooler in my 2000 XJ. I see how lines run and where it goes, but I wanted to know if it is easy to disconect the hoses from the radiator out. Do these hoses just pull off since I do not see any hose clamps on them?
Thanks for the help.
Alex

1) you already have a stock one installed, what are you trying to install?

2) it doesnt acheive much here when you quote yourself. If no one answers a question, try asking it with more details next time. Ambigiouse questions get skipped over, because most people would rather have teeth pulled than have to fight tooth and nail to help someone who doesnt state much of a problem. :)

Hello,
Sorry if I was not really clear, but I am going to install a stock tranny cooler into my XJ and I wanted to see if it is easy to re-route the hoses. I have the hose that goes from the radiator to the cooler. Just need to re-route the one that goes from the radiator back to the tranny. So that it now goes from the cooler back to the tranny. Just did not know if it was easy to take off the hose before I go to far and not get them back on or even off.
Sorry again,
Alex

While on topic , does it matter which side u install it on (radiator drivers, pasanger) . I installed one a while back in the middle and it seems to have caused a minor heat increase . It was also a stacked plate design B&M one, which i guess doesnt let air thru ???

Pete

Back