• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper mounting ?? What hardware

ruehmann

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of bumpers online that hook onto the preexisting holes in the unibody fro the front and back can anyone tell me what hardware to buy.

I'm putting them on tonight at a friends garage (I dont have one and we got alot of snow here)

Any help is appericated.

depends on what thickness the bumpers are and what you plan to do with them if your putting aftermarket bumpers on you may want to think about extra mounting points so you can attach tow hooks and other thinks to the bumper and not pull it off the uniframe. telling us what bumper ya got might help too

I guess it was a pretty vague question. I was being lazy, cause it's cold and wet/ I bought the bumpers off e-bay.
www.ryansfab.com

The back mounts with two sets of four holes on 2 plates in the back and two sets of 3? on two plates in the front.

I will beaf them up soon. (I've read alot of the posts about the back bumpers and towing/ extending the front mounting brackets)
For now I just want to get them on.

I would really stink to get into a fender bender and mess things up when I have a set of bumpers sitting in my shed.

really the question is how long of bolts and what size do I need to "bolt on"

Thanks again

Back