• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header help

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
I got everything back together there is just one bolt I couldnt get a real good turn on- the one to the right of the #4 pipe. I somehow managed to get a wrench inbetween the header and the block and tighten it best I could using my fingers.

- I have no real way to measure but Im guessing I got it to around 17-20 ft-lbs. I got all the other ones torqed down good with loc-tite red

-I used some copper rtv on the gasket, cleaned out the 100k mile goo in the intake ports as best I could with some carb cleaner and a brass brush, replaced injector o-rings, cleaned tb... and I think thats all.

Am I missing anything?

Ok fired it up just now- sounds good, no leaks that I can tell of. Just a lot of smoke comming from the doughnut ring (in between the header and the downpipe) -normal? It doesnt smell like exhaust, more like burning rubber so I assume it's not a leak.

Back